W&M approved SysTec weighing electronics in use at Scheller mills
The traditional company Scheller Mühle GmbH is one of the largest milling companies in Germany. High-quality mills products such as wheat flour, semolina and many more are convincing in terms of quality. As an example, the product line 'Mehlzauber' ('Magic Flour') was named by the trade paper 'Lebensmittel-Zeitung' one of the 100 most successful brands in the trade. The Bavarian company has two production facilities with busy logistics operations. State-of-the-art truck scales with intuitive self-service stations ensure precise and efficient handling of truck movements. The scales were designed and installed by Waagenbau Dohmen GmbH, which relies on powerful SysTec weighing terminals of the IT8000E type.
The key facts
- 2 production facilities: durum wheat mill with 200 tons, soft wheat mill with 300 tons per day
- W&M approved truck scales with driver-operated function
- Automated license plate recognition when truck arrives at scale with data retrieval from ERP system
- Simple check of zero point via large character display before the truck drives onto the scale - with option to correct setting via keyboard of operating terminal
Vehicle scale with self service station
Copyright photo: Waagenbau Dohmen GmbH
Copyright photo: Scheller Mühle GmbH
Weigh trucks efficiently
Vehicle scale with SysTec's weighing electronics
Copyright photo: Scheller Mühle GmbH
Case study: Scheller Mühle Vehicle Scales
- IT8000E: W&M approved and rugged SysTec weighing terminals for continuous truck scale operation
- PC ScaleView from SysTec as approved weight indicator
- Connection of additional devices, e.g. remote display
- Truck scale design with self-service station by Waagenbau Dohmen GmbH
- Intercom system at the scales enables communication between operator and Scheller office staff
Thanks to innovative technology and investments, Scheller Mühle, founded in 1843, today has a production volume of 500 tons per day - up to 15,000 metric tons of grain are stored in 32 cells for the different product varieties.
To transport branded goods such as 'Mehlzauber' from Pfaffenhofen in Bavaria to destinations all over Germany, numerous truckloads have to be weighed and dispatched every day.
To make this as efficient as possible, Scheller has invested in innovative truck scales supplied by Waagenbau Dohmen. The goal is digitalized weighing processes fully integrated into the software architecture.
'In our eyes, the IT8000E weighing terminal has proven itself as the best for such complex applications. Without the flexibility offered by the IT8000E and its complex customization options, customer-specific projects of this nature would not be possible for us', says Marvin Dohmen of Waagenbau Dohmen GmbH.
At a glance: IT8000E weighing terminal
- W&M approved as non-automatic and automatic scale, (approved in EC, USA, etc.)
- Universal use: Numerous standard application programs
- Customizable: Free programmability
- Robust: Stainless steel housing (ingress protection IP69K)
- High ease of operation: Bright TFT color display 5.7" with wide viewing angle and large weight display; alphanumeric keyboard
- Ex-area: For hazardous areas SysTec offers the version IT8000E Ex2/22 and for zones 1/21 the version IT8000Ex
- Several housing options: Wall-mount / desk-top version as well as version for panel-mount installation
- Numerous interfacing options: 2 internal and up to 6 external scale connections, can be integrated into PC networks via Ethernet or WLAN, connection to label & network printer, PLC connection via fieldbus
- High operational security: Powerfail-safe data storage, password protection, battery-backed real-time clock, remote diagnosis
At the newly built W&M approved vehicle scales on the premises of the Scheller factory, control cabinets were installed equipped with SysTec weighing terminals type IT8000E. The truck drivers can enter the required data easily and quickly at the self-service stations. This accelerates the weighing process and reduces the workload on personnel at site. Camera systems automatically read the license plate and data stored in the ERP system can be retrieved.
The network and interface capability of the SysTec weighing electronics is of great advantage here. Four different systems communicate with each other: the IT8000E control system, the ERP system, the DoProfi software and the silo management.